GCI's Construction Materials Engineering and Testing (CoMET) services provide continuity for clients from design throughout construction. GCI keeps clients' construction projects on track with knowledgeable experienced professionals, a full-service in-house materials testing laboratory, and a problem-solving approach that consistently yields creative cost-effective engineering solutions.
Skilled on-site professionals
GCI's field representatives average more than 15 years of experience and hold certifications in soils, concrete, masonry, asphalt and steel testing. GCI's field personnel also have the capability and experience to provide special inspections according to the Ohio Building Code section 1704. Continuous training keeps GCI's staff current on emerging technology and new construction materials, products and techniques.
Owners, developers and contractors value GCI's field staff's capability to quickly and accurately identify the earliest signs of potential issues and then work to resolve problems promptly so projects keep moving forward.
In-house testing laboratory
GCI is capable of testing a variety of construction materials including soil, concrete, masonry and asphalt. GCI's laboratory is AMRL accredited and ODOT pre-qualified for soils testing.
GCI controls the lab schedule so costly construction delays are avoided.
GCI uses a creative problem-solving approach to develop and evaluate alternate solutions during pre-construction and as issues arise on-site during construction so clients can make informed decisions.
GCI engineers provide technical support to GCI's on-site staff to assist in solving problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- International Building Code (IBC) special inspections
- Post-tensioned (PT) concrete
- Concrete Masonry Unit (CMU) wall placement quality control
- Floor flatness/levelness testing
- Vapor emission and relative humidity testing
- Concrete pH testing
- Structural steel, bolt and weld connections observation and testing
- Fireproofing observation and testing
- Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS) special inspections
- Roofing placement observation and testing
- Pavement subgrade evaluation
- Geo-fabric and geo-grid applications
- Asphalt placement quality control and testing
- Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) mix design and field quality control
- In-situ concrete strength evaluation
- Concrete and asphalt coring services
- Concrete Maturity Meter probe placement and data collection
- Paint thickness evaluation
- AAMA Water Intrusion Testing
Contact GCI's field services department at 614.895.1400 to arrange construction engineering and materials testing for your next project.
Bob Hiles - firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Justus - email@example.com
Jim Rosebrock - firstname.lastname@example.org